Journalist alerts Nigeria to widespread recruitment of fighters for more attacks

WorldStage Newsonline— A journalist, Ahmad Sakilda, reputed to have access to information on the activities of Boko Haram  has warned the authorities about the activities of a branch of the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) terror group, Albarnawi faction, with plan to start recruiting more terrorists into its network in its bid to launch more deadly attacks on countries, particularly Nigeria.

He also hinted that the body would become the most dangerous terror group if it sustains the current level of membership drive.

His warnings were coming on the heel of the killing of several Nigerian soldiers last week and abduction on Thursday of 60 firewood sellers at Bulakesa village, 25 kilometres from Gamboru Ngala Local Government Area of Borno State

It was gathered from sources in the Intelligence circles that members of the deadly Albarnawi faction might have participated in the recent slaughter of about 100 Nigerian soldiers by the Boko Haram sect.

In his Twitter handle, he said: “If the current trend of recruitment and attacks continues, ISWAP looks set to be the most lethal branch of IS in the world.

“The pace of recruitment today is almost similar to 2013/14. Today, there is a competition to join Jihadi herd between Nigerians and Francophone youths.

“On the infographic, second is Iraq, third is Sham, fourth is Khorasan, fifth, East Asia, sixth is Sinai. The rating varies, depending on the attacks in the week.

“But it is now clear that ISWAP has a growing strategic partnership beyond media collaboration with ISIS. Are we still in doubt?” he asked rhetorically.

On the abduction, sources in the Civilian Joint Task Force told Sunday Tribune that the wood sellers were abducted at a nearby internally displaced persons’ camp from where they came out in search of firewood.

It was gathered that some of the insurgents were shot during the abduction, leaving about eight corpses which were later said to have been recovered by the JTF in a nearby bush.

Meanwhile, angry men of the Nigerian Army in a new video released online have called on the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed forces, President Muhammed Buhari to come to their aid and get more equipment for them to fight the insurgents.

The men, who were visibly angry about the gruesome killing of 100 of their colleagues by the insurgents, said they were not well equipped to fight the insurgents

“We want the government to see the damage done to the psyche of the Nigerian Army. The army is not doing the right thing at all…sending us deliberately to die…. They are buying obsolete weapons for us and they want us to fight. We are not 63NA; we are millennium soldiers who know what is wrong and right.

“Yes, we are soldiers but the same blood passing through their lives is what is passing through us. The Army is using us to make money. Look at these weapons, some of them were brought in during the [Shehu] Shagari era,” the soldiers said.

President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed deep shock over the killing of military personnel in Metele village of Borno State by Boko Haram terrorists.

In a statement issued by Garba Shehu in Abuja on Saturday, after days of outrage by Nigerians following the presidency’s apparent silence over last Sunday’s attack, the president assured that immediate measures were being taken to ensure that the loopholes which led to the fatalities are blocked once and for all.

The president said his administration remains ever committed and focused on the security of military personnel and other citizens.

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *